Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lets establish one thing up front - I am not some sort of moral compass. I do not care who you vote for, who you're sleeping with or what your mission statement in life is. I don't care what car you drive or how much money you make. I don't care who you're friends with or what parties you get invited to. I don't care about how many friends you have on Facebook or how many people you've got to raffle like follow you on Twitter. Frankly those are all distractions hiding the real you.

Apparently these all matter to most people.

I have my own issues and the last thing I want is for you to think I give enough of a shit for me to waste a single second giving my opinion on your life. Basically my default setting is that blowjobs could save lives. Save people from going to jail for murdering your imbecile of a child. A friend of mine tells me how her no good useless ex-husband harasses her and threatens to kill himself. Apparently the acceptable reaction is NOT to say "I dare you, maybe that will be the first thing you've done right."

I look around and I see a giant disconnect with people. We all have it, some of us actually deal with it, others fill it with stuff. Its the current status fucking quo. Sex, money, adoration, status the hugs from foster parents 2.0. Daddy issues mommy issues. Pass me the virtual vodka to drown my sorrows. Fuck it, give me the real thing.

We're all so worried about fitting in and then we get bored of being ordinary and unremarkable because we got exactly what we ordered. My favourite thing is telling people to leave me the fuck alone because I don't want to fit in, I don't want to be perfect, I don't want to be the same like everyone else. I don't need your attention or your words of encouragement, I don't need to be recognised and I certainly don't need your best advice of what you would do in my situation. I don't give a fuck about your myopic approach to life, once size does not fit all.

Maybe I am just tired of the excuses. I can't be a fake human being. I can't pretend to like someone or pretend to be friendly and only focus on what is important to me. Who the hell raises their kids to be such cowards in the first place?

The OH

No comments:

Post a Comment