Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All I wanted was a normal life

When I was 18 I had it all figured out. I would major in Legal theory and Politics. I would graduate work for 2 years, marry Waseelah, work in the diplomatic corps and by the age of 30 I would have my obligatory 2.5 kids. Things took a nasty turn and I was forced to claw my way back up again. I am not married. Never been. I have no kids and all I want to do is have a normal life.

Apparently that is not on the cards for someone like me. Apparently normality is for more "normal people". And this pisses me off. It does. What is normal you might ask. True. But I want to get the wife, the 2.5 kids, the overseas trip once a year and the...

It isn't easy when life takes you off the plan. But I have decided to give it all up, the ambition towards fitting in and building normality. I have decided to be who I really am. To embrace what fate has given me and stop being like everyone else. Let the trumpets blow, let the people rejoice. I am just going to do what nature gave me the ability to do. Fitting in is for shmucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment